Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Contact me to discuss how we can improve your business through color advertising!
Window Painting by Laura
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and e-mail me from that location.
in the subject line of your transmission.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world,
but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it all... "
- William Saroyan
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Art to Own, Art to Give!
Laura Moody Creations
Thank you for your support!
Friday, August 21, 2009
· To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
· To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
· To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
· To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
· To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
· To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
· To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
· To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
· To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
· To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Visit this web site for more information: http://www.optimist.org/
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
_\ / QUOTEMEAL from HEARTLIGHT -- http://www.heartlight.org/
Unless we know the difference between flowers and weeds, we are not fit to take care of a garden.
It is not enough to have truth planted in our minds.
We must learn and labor to keep the ground clear of thorns and briars, follies and perversities, which have a wicked propensity to choke the word of life.
-- Clyde Francis Lytle
Monday, July 20, 2009
(Although one could argue that the way one lives their life is art or an art!)
SHAMPOO - If you are a guy or gal with extremely curly hair, try this shampoo.
Works great – environmentally friendly and no conditioner needed.
Whole Foods store sells it as well as other places.
LOTION - If mosquitoes are bugging you this summer, buy some of this lotion.
Those insects don’t like the lemon smell and won’t come near!
Shoppers Food store sells it as well as other places.
Wishing you a wonderful summer filled with much joy and happy times!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
They recently purchased my earrings, coloring book and paintings.
Cyndi and Maggie –
Ellalyne - http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Labella.Bridal.and.Consignment.Boutique.LTD.703-494-2929
Laura Moody Creations - Art to Own, Art to Give! - www.lamocreations.com
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
As I am a fan of both, I submit below the web sites of my pals who are making the stuff, music that is. :)
So pour a glass of your favorite beverage and have a listen! - Laura
Pete - vocals, guitar, songwriter
Josh - vocals, guitar, songwriter
Brian - guitar and mandolin
Andy - keyboards and vocals
Mike - bass
Scotty - songwriter, vocals
Other quotes about music: http://www.quotegarden.com/music.html
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
As art becomes the only viable option for investors, Annie Deakin argues whether the internet is a help or a hindrance to the art market.
Adam Lach, 'Window with a view'. Affordable Art Fair - Vernissage
© More pictures
The week preceding Sotheby’s record-breaking Damien Hirst auction, I went out for pizza with my friend Becca who assists a West End art dealer. She was stressing about the impending auction: “If it flops, it’s bad news for dealers and the art market as a whole. If it succeeds, it will change everything for contemporary galleries. Will artists need galleries in the future?” With real estate such a burden and art readily available online, heavy overheads like rent are fast becoming a luxury.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Love this quote. Many others are sent to me daily by the above service. They keep me motivated. They keep me grounded. They remind me of what is most important in this wild world that we live in!
That said, I am trying to make a living while on the planet. Networking is key. So I decided to join some groups like these online – www.linkedin.com and also www.facebook.com .
Get out there and mingle people - Talk about your hopes, your dreams, your ideas!
May the best ones become a reality!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
· Think of four things you have always wanted to try and then schedule one every four months.
· Rearrange furniture. Take a new route to work.
· Take a course, class or seminar that will help you learn a new skill.
· Upgrade computer skills by learning how to use a new piece of software. If you’re not using a computer, sign up for a class to learn how to use one.
· Discuss assumptions about your job, co-workers, etc. Listen to comments and challenge your assumptions.
· Improve your health – diet, work out, stop smoking.
· Reward yourself when you try something new. But reward risk, not success. Success is its own reward.
· Try skiing, softball, basketball or some other sport. The idea is to expand your self and try new things.
· Pick out one thing you’d like to change in your life and go after it. Write it down, list the steps you need to take to accomplish it, set deadlines and take the first step!
Source: Excerpts from communication briefings, Sept. 1993, by Jim Kutsko, writing in The Denver Business Journal.