Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Poem - This I Know



THIS I KNOW:

I have planted a garden –
   SO I KNOW WHAT FAITH IS.

I have seen the tall trees swaying in the breeze –
   SO I KNOW WHAT GRACE IS.

I have listened to the birds singing –
   SO I KNOW WHAT MUSIC IS.

I have watched little children playing –
   SO I KNOW WHAT ENTERTAINMENT IS.

I have seen the mornings without clouds, after showers -
   SO I KNOW WHAT BEAUTY IS.

I have seen the miracle of the sunset –
   SO I KNOW WHAT GRANDEUR IS.

I have lived in a happy home –
   SO I KNOW WHAT LOVE IS.

And because I have perceived all these things –
I KNOW WHAT WEALTH IS.

… Author Unknown

Poem titled “This I Know” appeared in the
Voice for Health periodical, Vol. L, No. 3, May – June 2003
Published in the Interest of Public Health
National Health Education Society, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.

Photo taken by Laura Moody, June 23, 2012.
Butterfly created by God.