Thursday, September 3, 2015

Gentle Giant Moves Us

When I saw this truck, I thought of the song
He's Got The Whole World In His Hands.

Our Lord Jesus moves His followers where he needs them and 
usually there are multiple purposes for the event! It goes something like this:

#1 - So the person relocating may learn to trust Jesus more.

#2 - So that the person may continue to live as Jesus intended,
free and with joy, holding tightly to the Lord's hand
as their every step is guided.

#3 - So that the Lord may use that person to share the love of Jesus Christ
with others who need to experience it which
will prompt their relationship
 to grow with our Lord and Savior too.
Jesus is Sovereign and so is His overarching plan for the world
and the people that exist in it.
How exciting to be a part of the Lord's Will,
 knowing we have a purpose!

As I considered how to write this post, knowing I wanted to use the photo above of the Gentle Giant Moving Company truck that I snapped en route, but not sure exactly what words to incorporate with it, I researched the Gentle Giant Moving Company on the Internet.

The company was founded by Northeastern University rowers a little more than 30 years ago. That made me smile and acknowledge my Lord and Savior because I have my own connection to the wonderful sport of rowing.


Jesus allowed me to organize my Virginia high school's first rowing team that continues to exist today. It began as a club in 1984 and continues to give children the opportunity every year to learn how to stay fit and work together as a team.

Thank you my Lord for the life you have allowed me to lead and for the relationships you have allowed me to experience each decade! May your Light in me shine brightly as you continue to use me to encourage, inspire, teach and love others in Your Precious Name.

 (Latin for "Glory to God in the highest")

<><