Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Start Late Finish Rich!



As part of the generation that grew up with paper (versus pixels) I am definitely still a paper keeper.

I keep notes about ideas I have and often clip articles from brochures or magazines that made me think of something positive or inspired me to take a positive action in my life.
Here is one such example and I don’t know what newsletter it came from, but they are good words, all the same.
“And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus”. (Philippians 4:19)
Perhaps some of the happiest and wealthiest people…are creditors as millions of shoppers overextend their budgets through credit card purchases.

We live beyond our income when we buy on credit as we purchase what we want now with tomorrow's income. However, as certain situation arise and credit card use is required, it is not necessarily unwise if one pays their credit bill in full and accrues no interest charges.  
 
Even so, credit won’t be necessary if God is honored with our finances and we trust Him to meet our needs. Further, as we seek to be content in the Lord there will be little use for credit (Phil. 4:11-19). Let’s pray for one another that God would be honored as we seek to be His wise financial stewards.


Recently I picked up a copy of this book "Start Late, Finish Rich" by David Bach, from my local library. What a fantastic read!

For those of you who have found yourselves in debt, there is hope!

I encourage you to ask God for assistance and also to locate a copy of the text, reading it from cover to cover. Amazon as well as Barnes and Noble offer it for sale. J

http://www.finishrich.com/books/startlate_brandhome.php

Peace and Joy <>< Laura
http://latestlinesfromlaura.blogspot.com