Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Precious Moment at Panera


A couple weeks prior to Dec. 25, my friends Margie, Faith and I went for lunch at a nearby Panera Bread restaurant after church service. As we ate our soup and sandwiches, we discussed the wonderful ways God is using us to increase God’s kingdom by sharing the gospel. Faith gave a CD of one of our pastor’s sermons to her hair dresser and Margie gave tracts to her TV repairman. I mentioned my encounter with my dentist and his nursing staff when I told them that God has worked miracles in my life and that I desired to write a book one day about all the wonderful lessons that Jesus has shown me in the last several years.
After about an hour, Margie and I said good-bye to Faith and stayed a few minutes longer to chat. At about that time a group of 4 small children secured seats at the end of the long table where we were.  With me I had one of the origami swans that I made to hand out during the holidays this year. I slid it over to the little blond-haired boy. While he was studying it, I told him and the others that it was a swan. The boy realized that it had words written on its side and that was the start of a magical moment!

In a very loud voice, he read the printed words – “Merry Christmas! Jesus loves you! John 3:16 - 17, the Holy Bible.” Then the little girl across from him chimed in and started reciting John 3:16 out loud. This moment became more and more exciting as the kids jumped up from their seats to go share their gift with the adults that were buying their food at the register. As I walked over to get a cup of water, I passed by the group and the boy child was reading the words on the swan to all that were near him. “Merry Christmas – Jesus Loves you! John 3:16…”

The children were thrilled to have this circumstance arise and Margie and I were so pleased to see how our Lord and Savior used His children to share the good news of Christ! As Margie and I were walking out the door, the kids and their parents had now gotten settled at the table we just left and the boy was once again reading what he had in front of him. He must have just learned to read and I hope understood how important those words were that he was sharing!
God’s wonderfulness cannot be contained and Christ’s name was certainly glorified that afternoon.
The Bible says in Romans 14:11
It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

Here are the verses of John 3:16-17 - New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Amen! Wishing you a wonderful end of 2013!
I pray that you are looking forward to a fabulous 2014!

Jesus loves you! <>< Laura

http://latestlinesfromlaura.blogspot.com