Friday, March 23, 2012

I love chocolate!






My favorite chocolate bar brand at the moment is Chocolove.

Bonus – Poems about L-O-V-E are printed inside the wrapper!

http://www.chocolove.com/

Here is the excerpt that was included on my recent purchase of Cherries & Almonds in Dark Chocolate.

3


Love is not love until love's vulnerable. She slowed to sigh, in that long interval. A small bird flew in circles where we stood; The deer came down, out of the dappled wood.


All who remember, doubt. Who calls that strange? I tossed a stone, and listened to its plunge. She knew the grammar of least motion, she Lent me one virtue, and I live thereby.


4


She held her body steady in the wind; Our shadows met, and slowly swung around; She turned the field into a glittering sea; I played in flame and water like a boy


And I swayed out beyond the white seafoam; Like a wet log, I sang within a flame. In that last while, eternity's confine, I came to love, I came into my own.


- Theodore Roethke


The entire poem is featured on this web site:
http://www.canopicpublishing.com/poets/RoethkeDream.htm


Happy Spring!