Sunday, July 26, 2015

So You Want To Be A Mermaid? Why Not?!


My young family members love to swim and sure enough they have learned about mermaids in children's story books. When I saw these marvelous store displays in Occoquan, VA years ago (designed by Steven Lippert of Any Ideas) I could not help but snap a few photos to share. The mannequins were life size and I did a double take wondering if they were live models :). 

In response my family told me about Fin Fun Mermaid, a company that sells mermaid tails.
I was able to see the girls wearing and swimming with their recently purchased 
mermaid monofins at the beach as well as in their pool this year. 
Very exciting indeed!

p.s. Walt Disney World, some state parks and even aquariums hire ladies to dress as mermaids and perform in costume. Always fun for the little ones to see.

Happy Summer!
<>< Laura